4. What do the three witches predict (a) for Macbeth and (b) for Banquo?
a) Macbeth will be the Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, and King.
b) Banquo will be the father of kings.
5. a) What happens to the Thane of Cawdor?
- He is killed for his misdeeds
b) Why, despite the witches' predictions, does Macbeth have reason to doubt he
will succeed Duncan as king?
- The king's son, Malcom, is air to the throne.
6. a) How does Lady Macbeth first learn of the witches' predictions regarding Macbeth?
- Macbeth writes her a letter.
b) What in Macbeth's personality does she fear may thwart his ambition?
-Macbeth is too kind.