b) How do the porter's comments on the people arriving at "hell gate" mirrow
- Liars and cheats and thought they could get away with their misdeeds, but in the end they had
9. What do you think causes Lady Macbeth to faint?
- She is trying to sway the attention of the murder away from them to her fainting.
10. a) Why does Ross have doubts about accepting the grooms as the murderers?
-The murderers have nothing to gain.
b) Why is Macduff concerned that "our old robes" may fit "easier
than our new"?
-With information that they think Macbeth could be the murderer. They could be killed too
if they don't watch what they do or say.
11. In his soliloquy in Scene i, Macbeth speaks of "vaulting ambition." (a) How can vaulting ambition
bring with it great success?
-Because nothing ventured is nothing gained.
b)How can it bring with it destruction?
- Anytime you take risks there is a risk of failure.